Self-Direction gives you the chance to personalize your own supports and puts YOU in control.
Self-Direction is all about YOU!
You will be in control of choosing some or all of the supports that you would like to Self-Direct. These Self-Directed supports will help you:
- Live in the home & community that you choose.
- Participate in activities you enjoy, such as work or being a volunteer.
- Live the life you choose.
Your Care Coordination Team can help you to learn about what services are available to you and which of them best fit your needs.
How Do I Get Started?
Getting started with Self-Direction is easy!
You will work with your Clinical Team Leader and your Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) to help choose the services and supports that are most important to you and then a budget will be created.
The IDT is a group of people who support you and who are also chosen by you.
Your IDT Team could include your family and close friends, your Clinical Team Leader, a Support Broker, Staff Members who you trust and know you well.
Before getting started, take time to think about which services and supports would best fit your needs at home and in the community and how Self-Direction can be most helpful to you.
What is a Support Broker?
With Self-Directed Services, you are in control
With Self-Directed Services, you are in control of choosing the services that best fit your personal needs.
You also have the option of controlling the budget and how the funds are spent.
A Support Broker can help assist you to create a Self-Direction Budget depending on the services and supports that best fit your needs.
Your Support Broker can also set a plan to help you to work towards personal goals and outcomes you want to achieve in life.
How do I know if Self-Direction is right for me?
You can choose Self-Direction with Partners Health Plan (PHP) if:
- you are enrolled in PHP’s plan
- eligible for Office for People With Developmental Disabilities services (OPWDD)
- enrolled in the Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Waiver.
Self-Direction may be the right choice for you if:
- You want the flexibility in the services, supports, and schedule that you choose.
- You are ready to control which services and supports best fit your needs on your own or with help.
- You would like to take more responsibility in hiring, training, and scheduling your staff to meet your personal needs.
If you enroll in Self-Directed services and you feel it’s not a right fit for you, you can always go back to a more traditional model of support. Contact your Care Manager to learn more about Self Direction or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you ready to enroll in PHP Care Complete FIDA-IDD Plan?
To enroll, visit or call NY Medicaid Choice at 1-844-343-2433 (TTY: 1-888-329-1541), Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 8:00 PM, and Saturday, 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
You are now leaving Partners Health Plan
You Are Now Leaving the Partners Health Plan Website
Maximus NYMC | (nymedicaidchoice.com)